Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sihat Sebelum Sakit....

I considered it as my first time in my entire life, to visit sick people during fasting month. I remembered one ustaz mentioned that to visit those who are in hospital is more 'afdal' than doing 'sunat' activity, Wallahua'lam bissawab. Anyhow, I took the opportunity to accompany my friend to visit her friend at General Hospital. "What's his condition?" I asked her. "I'm not too sure, they said he's quite critical." And so, we've arrived at the hospital car park around 9-ish. Then suddenly, my friend received a phone call from her friend updating the condition of her sick friend. "Betul ke tenat? Kurus giler? Tinggal tulang? Dah bertahun-tahun tak jumpa mak dia? Tak ada family member melawat?...." The news, changed my friend's mood and suddenly she felt so weak and didn't have strength, to even get out from the car. So we decided to recite Yasin in the car just to regain back the strength and at the same time to dedicate our recitation to my friend's sick friend. We even prayed, so her friend would be united with his family, especially with his mother.



Alhamdulillah, she managed to gain back her strength, so we proceed to the main lift to the general ward. As we were trying to negotiate with the policeman, to allow all of us to visit the patient though after the visiting hours, we bumped into another friend and he updated the most unexpected news. "Majikan Emee berjaya contact mak dia through JPN, and aku berjaya contact abang dia, Mak dia dah on the way." Alhamdulillah... And we were like, "Ya Allah, doa kami tadi makbul...." Ternyata kebesaran Allah di depan mata dan Allah menjawab doa kami tadi, cash! Moreover, we are now in the month of holy Ramadhan. Allahu Akbar! Anyways, the police allowed us to visit, two person at a time. But somehow, we managed to 'smuggle' all five of us to the ward at one time. The moment I saw him. Am speechless. I couldn't find any words to say at that point of time. Terus teringat kat Alif masa dia terlantar. :( Frankly speaking, I didn't even know him, but something was happening inside my heart. Insaf. And I felt so GRATEFUL.. Grateful to have health now. Grateful to be able to walk, talk, eat, smile.. To be able to fast in month of Ramadhan... I just.. felt.. grateful... :( Ya, Perasaanku ditutup bercampur-campur... He requested a friend, to recite him Yasin. I was so touched. I felt like crying while watching all this but I managed to control.



Then, half and hour later, his long lost mother, arrived. I could see he shed some tears when he saw her mother approaching him. With tears in his eyes, I could see his mouth muttering "Mak maafkan Emee mak, Mak Emee mintak maaf, mintak maaf mak...." That moment, I can't hold back my tears any longer. :( Terus teringat kat umi.. He never stop looking at is mother. She even wiped his tears, after 8 long years, the mother's love never faded. The 'jejak kasih' totally changed the atmosphere of the ward. We've been told by the mother that she received phone call while she was about to scoop her rise into her plate to break fast. "Makcik terus kenyang," she said. "Baru hari tu makcik tiba-tiba teringat kat Emee ni, apa cerita anak aku yang sorang tu. Makcik bersyukur dapat jumpa dia. Makcik takut esok dia cari makcik, kalau masih hidup tak apa lagi, kalau dia cari makcik, orang tunjuk batu nisan?" This is not drama, this is reality.



When we were about to leave, we could see Emee is smiling and at that point of time, all of his pain that he's suffering, all gone. The power of mother's touch, I may say. And this is one of the most powerful experienced I've ever had. So many things running in my head and as usual I would turn silent. I felt blessed. I felt grateful. I felt so many things. I don't know how to say it out loud.



p/s: Teringat lagu Raihan, 'Ingat 5 perkara, sebelum 5 perkara......"

No comments: