Friday, February 24, 2012

Parenting For Non Parents 101

One fine night, I had to babysit Princess Caca & Handsome Ryan, since their parents were working late, well they're going to buy Ferrari soon.... :P Caca wanted to watch cartoon movie, so I get her to pick which cartoon that she wanted. She picked, Peter Pan. Hey, it was my favorite childhood cartoon, and still my favorite until today! I didn't expect Caca to like such classic cartoon since they've been brought up with Monster Inc, Cars, Ratatouille, etc, you know, those kind of cartoons. To my surprise that they were so engrossed with the movie that they didn't realize am taking their photos. :) Am a pro paparazzi! 


I 'left' them with Peter Pan and went to the kitchen to do my chores. Later, when I was hanging my clothes, I heard somebody whimpering. It was Caca!! Engross la sangat! Meleset! Well semi-engross la. She managed to watch until Wendy and the Lost Boys caught by Capt Hook. Okay la tu. Anyways, I know Caca will go cranky if her Mummy is not home yet. So, I was trying to console her. Here's our conversation..

Mudd:  What's wrong, Caca?
Caca:     Where's Mummy, Auntie Mudd.
Mudd:   Owh, so sorry, she's still in the office. Mummy has lots of work to do, sayang.
Caca:     Why......?
(Auntie Mudd trying to handle this 'serious' situation in her own way)
Mudd: You like ballet, Caca?
Caca: Yes.......
Mudd: Then Mummy has to work. When she works she will get money. If she has money, she can pay for your ballet class.
(Caca didn't buy that answer and continue whimpering, Auntie Mudd tried again....)
Mudd:  What about books, you loves book right?
Caca: Yes......
Mudd: To buy books also need money. So Mummy & Daddy need to work to get money. Okay?
Caca: Then, I don't want book!
(TETT.. Mayday.. Mayday.......Adoi, be calm..be calm...I should be able to handle this!)
 Mudd: Okay, tell me what do you want. 
Caca: Can you change TV to my 'Junior'? (She meant, Astro 613-Disney Junior Channel)
Mudd: Owhhh........ erm.. cannn............

TV channel changed as requested and Caca back to normal. Haaahahahahahahaa....Moral of the story, sometimes, you don't have to be so complicated and no need for you to get kids to understand the real situation, because they won't understand. Kids will always be kids! 

Hmm, but sometimes Caca did talked like a grown up lady. She even said... "You know...." at the end of her conversation and when she did that, myself & Lisa will look at each other and make the 'wooooooooo' face :P

p/s: I love babysitting Caca & Ryan. I love Peter Pan! Hahaaa :)

3 comments:

LiFe Is BeAuTifUl LyRiC said...

pernah sekali my anak sedara x nak beli books dah..katanya nanti i dtg umah dia tenggelam dgn buku.. dia nak cari i susah nanti..

boleh smpi ke situ!

Mrs. PinkJamboo said...

babe, caca and ryan surprises me every single day. well, she's only 3 and already asking me for an iphone 4s. the ferrari part InsyaAllah, but the mini cooper part, i want it baaddddddlyyy.. hahahah..

Mudd said...

@LIBL-kids nowadays...tak de makne say the darnest thing dah kan? hahaha...
@BABE i told u tak dis story, i was playing zombie plant on my laptop, caca was watching and i ckp.."oh no caca..am scared..the zombies attacking my house!" then she said selamba, "than you should close your eyes,auntie mudd.." :P hahaha love them both... erm..their mummy as well..huhuu...