Sunday, July 8, 2012

Audition??

Lalalalaalalaaaaaaaa.... :) Heh.....

Actually.....I heard bout this audition in Radio IKIM ..But I just ignored it. Until my elder sister text me, asking me to go for this audition. I replied, "Tak nak lah..." End of story....

But, as I went jogging with my colleague and told him that there was a walk-in DJ audition at IKIM. He said, "Wei, ko pegi je lahhh!" =_=" Erkk. And I was like, "OO, pegi eh?Well, Okay."

So, that fine morning I...went...to the audition! Since I was not too sure the location of IKIM, I left my house around 6.45 a.m? Or maybe 6.50 a.m? The audition was at 9.00 a.m by the way. =_=" Alhamdulillah, Allah lead my way, and I found IKIM, without sesat at all..phewhh, well am 'Ratu Sesat' big time. I arrived at 7.15 a.m and tadaa... am the first person to arrive!
Dup Dap.. Dup Dap.....
Yup, am Number One :)






The first round of the audition was to 'determine' who has the so called DJ traits in terms of our confidence, our pronunciation, our attitude, how fluent are you in reading the scripts, etc.  So, I was the first person and yeah, I was very nervous and I screwed a bit =_=" but, it was not that bad. Great experience, I may say! Heee... Since I went to the audition just-for-fun-since-my-sister-asked-me-to, fyi, to-date,she didn't even know that I went to the audition, huhuu... I think none of my family members knew bout this....Well, anyways,  seriously I didn't put high hope.

A couple of week later I received a call from IKIM and said that I've selected for the 2nd round audition. My reaction was, "Betul, ke ni, bukan panggilan hangit kan?" =_=" Alhamdulillah, out of 100 contestant, only 23 was called for 2nd round audition. Huhu..seriously tak sangka, sebab kebanyakan memang hebat-hebat semua... :)



The 2nd round was quite a tough round since you have to 'create' your own segment, errr, well am not sure what was the term but it was like a mock 'DJing' session. Must have the opening, the content, choices of song, quotes, closure, how you pretend to interact with your caller, how you arrange your segment etc. Phewh.. I was nervous to the max but still in control. Thank God I was not the first person!!!! Wargh... For the first 10-15 minutes, I was staring at my 'assignment.' Thinking of an ideas, what segment I would want to do, which session - morning? evening? at night? midnight? Well, I chose midnight. My 'imaginary' segment called "Muhasabah Dinihari" Ewah~ Yeah, and to me, it was truly a 'syok-sendiri-session' Miahahahahaha....

Hmm, no idea at first =_="

Wow, she needs more paper don't you think :) She has great voice you know :)
This contestant on the other hand,  will be DJing in Arab. Our next Mona Jasman! :)

 This cute little girl reminds me of my dear cousin :) She's very sweet!

  Ahah, Finally! I've done my script... Warghh...

I've met great people! :)
At first, I thought he was the owner of 'Jabbar', we even google his name on the spot to get confirmation. OOps.. salah orang rupenye.. But he really looks familiar.. Don't you think :)


Anyways, that 2nd round audition was the end of my journey. No luck for 3rd round, it's okay. I feel good for being able to grab this opportunity to experience a bit of DJing world.. To Nadiah, congratulations! I'll be hearing you in the radio then :)

p/s: Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine - Anthony J :)

No comments: