Saturday, March 21, 2015

Throwback: Full What??? Full Marathon!!!

There's saying, "When your legs can't run anymore, run with your heart❤️" This phrase gives no impact to me until I run my first Full Marathon last year. I remembered registering for my FM as early as January last year with NO idea what was the plan for this ultimate plan.

YUP, tho this entry considered 'expired entry' so called but it will always and forever be my greatest life experience. Moreover, that was my inaugural Full Marathon but second time running for Penang Bridge International Marathon. In 2013, I did my first half marathon in the same event. Anyways, never in my entire life to imagine myself running full marathon. My 2014 resolution & mission have accomplished! Alhamdulillah. 

The route was soooooooo boring and mental I tell you, I did too many 'self-talk.' Worst moment was while I've done about 25KM ++, there was where my body aching, I couldn't feel my leg. I didn't see the 'landmark' (that cable bridge). Too many people walking instead of running. As I mentioned earlier, the route was sooo boring! Pfffttt~ All added up and equals to over-thinking and mind-negativity. As I've done my 30KM ++, it was already daylight and there you can see thousands of runners. Imagine Uruk Hai in LOTR, that was how the scene was..Seriously...The moment I saw the signage, '400M'... I said to myself... 'They lie! Lie to me! They said  400M more!! How come I feel soooo far!! Still sooo far from the finish line!Warghhh!' Cannot tahan edy, I speed up at my last few hundreds meters to finishing line using my last energy, adrenaline, water tank, emotions, strength, name it!

Despite all of these....Lo! I've done my 42 KM in 6 hours 15 minutes. Alhamdulillah!!! 

Another best thing was my Master Sifu has added me in their 'Marathoners Group.' Hahahaa... simple event yet sooooo meaningful to me! They've even celebrated my FM achievement by buy me for dinner in 'Tony Romas,' it's somewhat their ritual as and when they have new Marathoners in the group. Hahaha... :P

My next running mission is to run 42 KM for SCKLM! In sya allah! Kasi kaki baik dulu!!

This was in R&R...I can't remember which one :P The one with light-blue shirt is my MASTER SIFU!! :)

Runners! :)

Re-quote from my Master Sifu Ajiman, "Full Marathon Virgin... no more... " ^_^

This is my Sifu Hezany! 

Celebrating the new FM runners!

These are for them!

This is from them :)

p/s: Running keeps me sane, keeps me happy, keeps me be me! I love you, Running.. hahahaha...

No comments: