Saturday, August 7, 2010

Monorail Trip

On Friday, last two weeks, I had to go to my office via Monorail. When I arrived Masjid Jamek after taking STAR heading to PUTRA, I realized that the station was overcrowding. PUTRA was out of service. I looked at my watch, it was already 8.30 a.m. Well, when taking public transport, this kind of issue is anticipated, so, Plan B? I took STAR to Hang Tuah, meanwhile, I was texting Wina, the Monorail expert, for 'consultation.' Monorail was quite congested, obviously, luckily am a Touch & Go user, other user quite 'discipline' to queue up and there were Monorail officer to 'guard' each Monorail door. So everything quite under-control. While waiting for the next coach, after letting go a trip, penuh nauzubillah, I was wondering, Monorail ni existed since when ye? So, I did some 'research.'



Apparently, they've opened Monorail in 2003, and earlier, they called it PRT - Peoplemover Rapid Transit. OOO.....Another interesting fact I found, according to Ministry of Transport statics, in 2008, the annual ridership for RapikKL Monorail was 21,765,233, which means the monthly ridership, tekan-tekan calculator, dalam sejuta orang. Hebat!! Eh, I've calculated correctly kan? Normy, kira balik! ;p

Anyways, the moment I stepped in the coach, and no choice, I had to stand next to the wide window. Waaa, nak nangissssssss! GAYAT!!! Ya, ya, I have a little bit of Acrophobia. Though I love to challenge it, go for skytrex, took the roller-coaster, tomahawk...etc. but still, I have the phobia, but not that extreme, but ya. So to overcome the situation, DO NOT look straight down, look in front. Look 'wider' not 'deeper.' Laju pulak monorail tu! Dah start berpeluh dah. TING! I took out my handphone, and snap a few photos, huhuhuu, it worked laa, to astray my mind from my fear factor. Tak berani nak tengok bawah, serahkan to my 'camera' to do the job. ;p I don't care if other passengers gave me the 'look', like am a weirdo. Lalaalalala... Anyways, good experience!


Wuu, jalan pun jam mase tu...


Dah pukul 9.00 pagi!!! Baru kat Imbi??? Selamat Hari Raya, Mudd!


Hemm, kat mane ni ya. I always lost in the photos ;p


Wuu, lamanyee tak pegi Sungei Wang. Tumpang lalu..


Ha, ni kadaan dah terkawal sikit. Tadi lagi 'sardin!'



Titibe time melintas depan Mc D, rase lapar! ;p

p/s: Apepun, taking Monorail everyday is not my option lah. I rather follow my current route, CHERAS-MASJID JAMEK-KLCC. Hehehe...

No comments: