Monday, December 26, 2011

Temerloh Ku Kampung Ku........

In conjunction of longggggg happy holidays, yayyyy.... :), last Saturday, I went to my beloved grandmother's house in Temerloh together with my dearest mother, auntie and cousin. The main reason besides visiting my grandma was to attend my another cousin's wedding in Mentakab on Sunday. Then, next reason was the ..... cooking activities. My grandma has assigned me to make 'Bubur Jagung' and 'Gulai Ikan Patin Tempoyak' :) Okay, the gulai one...not so bad as I've been to her 'intensive classes' quite a few times :P But the bubur part.........erm...but I gave her positive remarks, "Okay Uwan, Ha buat nanti..." 

My Beloved Uwan :) 
With my dear cousin....
My deaaaaaarest Auntie 'Muss' :)
My beloved Umima... :)
The bride a.k.a my cousin, Hidanah :)
Hidanah & her husband Izuan, Alhamdulillah. Selamat Pengantin Baru!


Me and my auntie left the wedding quite early :P As the next mission to accomplish......to make Bubur Jagung!!!!!!!! From the scratch!! Owh, and not to forget... Gulai Ikan Patin as well.. Wewww.... Bring it on!!!!







This is how you remove the corn from the cob.
As been instructed by my Uwan, we need to pound the corn.. So that it cooks easily..

And into the periuk........


Thank you to my dear assistant :) You're my one loyal assistant! :)

Alhamdulillah... Siap jugak!! One down!! One more to go!

NEXTTT..... the gulaiiii.. these are the ingredients.....

This is the main ingredient, obviously.... Helo, Ikan Patin!! :)


 

Wooo...The 'periuks' was side by side... Masterchef pun tak buat camni..hahahaha...

 
Iklan....This 'premature' cucumber was from my sister's farm.. :)
Oh this Donut........was not in my mission list.. My uncle bought it and the donuts....
Sooooo tempting!!
Look at this yummy, chubby and fluffy donut!!!!!
You think I just want to hold this fluffy donut???
And what happenned next was....history...hahahaha.....
Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....Gulai Ikan Patin Tempoyak, Termerloh style and at my grandma's house..ONLY... :)

Alhamdulillah..... :) I love my family.. I love Temerloh... I love Ikan patin!!! hahaha....


4 comments:

Teacher Nuha said...

jealousnya.. kat cni rupenya perkataan "pounding" tu

Mudd said...

wakakakakakakkaka.....takpe..nanti kta berjimba-jimba di cameron highland!!!!!!!!!! by the way, Teacher.. betul kan penggunaan pounding itu? Pounding shj...utk grammar..lain session pls.. miahahahha...

nome said...

bestnya balik kampung...mcm2 makanan ada..nyummeh! syok ooooo!!!

Mudd said...

syok kak..kalau dulu2 lagi best.. guling2 cari durian.. :P wpun kta tak makan durian... hahaha....tp mencari durian tu lagi sonokkksss... :P