Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dark Promises

Dark Promises

By Mudd

070510

Thought you are already out of sight

Thought you are already out of mind

My ego lost in this battle

When in the battle it was you that I picked a fight

Realizing how much I need you want you by my side

And there you go you’ve promised me

Promised me you’ve promised me

To be my light

But you have left me in the dark

I’ve been wanting and waiting for you

But you didn’t give me anything not even a spark

There you go leaving me

Leaving me leaving me

In the dark

Just come back and give me my light

Praying hard, praying for nothing

“Babe, please come back”

You said you’d be my light

No matter what you’d be my light

No you never came back

You’ve left and given me a broken heart

Leaving me alone with my broken heart

And so,

I’m in the dark

There you go promising yet leaving me

Leaving me and still leaving me in the dark

And leaving me for good

in the dark

p/s: Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light - Helen Keller

No comments: